During a prepurchase survey the condition of the yacht or boat you are planning to buy or have bought pending survey is checked.
If you are buying the yacht in the Netherlands the standard HISWA (Dutch shipbuilding and watersport trade federation) survey report is used. This covers about 250 points of inspection.
After the survey the major findings are discussed with you (by phone if you are not attending). The same evening you will have the preliminary report in your email.
For a good survey the yacht needs to be surveyed in and out of the water, and needs to be reasonably clean on the in- and outside with accessible empty bilges.
Set up of the report, depending on yacht type:
- Hull, propulsion system and rudder system under the waterline.
- GRP Osmosis inspection & moisture meter readings.
- Steel/Aluminum assessment of hull thickness.
Assessment of external & internal structure.
- Bulkheads, framing & reinforcement.Attachments of chain plates, keel, deck hardware etc.
- Skin fittings & sea cocks.
- Stanchions, hand rails, jack stays.
- Deck, superstructure and cockpit.
- Technical installation.
- LPG installation.
- Electrical installation including switch boards, batteries & electrical outfit items.
- Steering gear.
- Engine and propulsion including bearers, hoses, fuel system, and stern gear
- Safety and life-saving equipment
ing. Theo van Rijswijk Bsc.
Since March 2000 fully specialized in
Pre Purchase Surveys of yachts,
barges and boats
Certified Marine Surveyor
IIMS NAMS HISWA NVEP
+31 6288 06286